This question is from ca25 who wrote:
Hi Melinda,
I have never written to some one in this form, for advice in love, but I have come to realize I am desperate, and family is just becoming too desperate. I have to admit I have tried twice this evening to put in comments to your blog, but I am, obviously computer illerate and have been unable to post. I hope this one works Melinda cuz I am desperate now in so many ways!
I have been dating the same guy for over two years, hetero relationship, I thought we were both committed to being together. He just had a big family gathering, and it was a big gathering, no matter what he said to me, because thanks to facebook I saw everything! Anyway, Melinda, he did not invite me! He said it was no big deal! Please, please tell me what you think!
Dear ca25,
I was in a committed relationship once--well, he didn't seem to think so--and I never got invited to any family dinners. My friend said he wasn't into me because he had a girlfriend. I didn't see her point.
Anyway, I thought I should be closer to his family. So what I did was follow his mom to the grocery store every Tuesday at 1pm. Until one week, I noticed she was getting a lot more groceries than usual and when I noticed she was putting some camembert cheese into her cart I knew something was up because she always buys the cheap block of Cracker Barrel cheese. There had to be a family function happening! That jerk! He never invited me again!
So I may the effort of showing up at his doorstep in my best red scarf, and said "Surprise!" Needless to say, that relationship ended...maybe you should try girls?
In Gay Spirits,
Melinda
LMFAO! Bravo! That stinky cheese, okay one of faves, will out their ass everytime. You rock, solid advice.
ReplyDeleteSo glad to find a blog worth reading.